Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My First Field Trip

I had the opportunity to go on my first field trip with one of our kids.  Daddy usually goes because I love that he can so he does and it has always worked out wonderfully.  He loves it and the kids love it because they get to have that special time with daddy, bu the’s in The Philippines.  I was not an official chaperone at the beginning, but I was determined to go regardless.  One of the moms did not show up so I was given three sweet girls to be in charge of.

 Tristan's Field Trip 001

Tristan, Oakley and Sage- who just dyed her hair.

Tristan's Field Trip 003 Tristan's Field Trip 004 Tristan's Field Trip 005

Don’t they look like they are modeling clothes or something, so cute!!!!

Tristan's Field Trip 006

It was terribly windy when we left but it eventually died down a bit, still windy but not as much, by the time we arrived at The Thanksgiving Point’s Children’s Discovery Gardens.

We started at Noah’s Ark

  Tristan's Field Trip 009 Tristan's Field Trip 012

Tristan's Field Trip 099

Brooke kind of joined our group and held hands with Tristan for most of it.

Tristan's Field Trip 015

Tristan's Field Trip 013

Next was the bear cave.

Tristan's Field Trip 018 Tristan's Field Trip 086 

Bear prints.

Tristan's Field Trip 026

Okay, this is why I should not have been a chaperone in the first place. The kids wanted to go up into this cave, but the guide was still talking, and I said “Yes of course you can go”.  On the other end of the cave Mrs. Thibault reprimanded them.  Ooops! If I tell her it was my idea I’ll get fired on my first day, so I didn’t say a word.

Tristan's Field Trip 023 Tristan's Field Trip 024 

Then the bronze animal statues.

 Tristan's Field Trip 038 Tristan's Field Trip 032 Tristan's Field Trip 033 Tristan's Field Trip 036

They are looking at the baby rabbits.

Tristan's Field Trip 037

Next the pond.

 Tristan's Field Trip 043 Tristan's Field Trip 044

Then they all ran to the craft room.

Tristan's Field Trip 046

Tristan's Field Trip 065 Tristan's Field Trip 047 Tristan's Field Trip 048 Tristan's Field Trip 049 Tristan's Field Trip 053

Then we ran through the small and big mazes.

 Tristan's Field Trip 074 Tristan's Field Trip 069 Tristan's Field Trip 070 Tristan's Field Trip 071

We made it our safe.

Tristan's Field Trip 072

Then we went up the light house.

Tristan's Field Trip 076 Tristan's Field Trip 078 Tristan's Field Trip 079

Sadly, it was time to go home but not before we went and explored the grounds one more time.

  Tristan's Field Trip 087 Tristan's Field Trip 093

My girls rocked !!!

Tristan's Field Trip 096

 

Then on the bus I talked with the grown-ups while Tristan and Oakley played “I Spy”

  Tristan's Field Trip 101 Tristan's Field Trip 103 

I Spy something black-what could it be lets think ,think ,think!

Tristan's Field Trip 108

 Tristan's Field Trip 107

Got it your camera!

Tristan's Field Trip 104

It was just the best day!! I think I will have to come to all the rest with Jared.

 

We had about 2 hours before Paris got out of school so we went on a Mommy/Daughter Date to Tristan’s favorite restaurant….Bangkok Grill.

She always gets the Shrimp.

 Tristan's Field Trip 119 Tristan's Field Trip 120 Tristan's Field Trip 124 Tristan's Field Trip 125

We had such a wonderful day together. I love my girl!!!

 Tristan's Field Trip 126 

She is so cute. She talked about this from the moment we arrived. How she and her daddy did  this when they were there for their Daddy/Daughter Date.

 Tristan's Field Trip 128

Tristan's Field Trip 129

What a wonderful day I get to remember forever!!!!

0 comments: