My wonderful love is again leaving us for another business trip. This time he is going for 2 weeks to the Philippines. Paris really wanted to do something special for him so she baked him these sugar cookies and made coolaid so when he came home on Saturday night we could all have this special treat with him.
So, the night did not work out the way she planned it. Daddy had to work and every hour Paris would call to see how much longer he would be and every hour he would say just one more hour. So about 11 at night I was exhausted so I went upstairs to “rest my eyes” and so did Tristan and Esher. We didn’t wake up until the next day. Talk about party poopers!! By the time daddy got home at midnight it was only Paris and him. I regret not taking a picture but she had a special heart sugar cookie just for him, these small brown cups and coolaid ready for him. She set it all up at the table and you could tell she had put a lot of love and thought into it.
He was super surprised that she was up so late (he thinks at one point she had fallen asleep, but woke herself up just before he arrived) and then again surprised she had baked these cookies just for him and made the coolaid. They stayed up for awhile talking and eating cookies. When it was time to go to bed she asked daddy if he wouldn’t mind sleeping with her since she wouldn’t see him for two weeks….he said “Of Course I will Princess!” Jared says she handed him the book they are both reading and asked him to read it. By the time he had finished explain that he wasn’t going to read tonight because it was so late she was fast asleep!
These picture are of the day after. I had to have something for this post. All of our kids just absolutely adore their daddy!!!
THE COOKIES
Don’t they look just perfect!! She is such a great little baker!!
THE COOLAID
I found out the next day that she had forgotten the sugar-funny!!
THE SPECIAL BROWN CUPS
Boy was it sour, not the same drink without sugar! If it wasn’t for sugar I’m sure we wouldn’t eat half the stuff we do and we would probably live twice as long. But who the heck wants to live that long with crappy tasting food????!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment