Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

It’s Easter Sunday for me and all 5 kids. I woke up late so we didn’t make it to sacrament, but the kids went to Primary.  The girls dressed up in one of their new dresses and Esher was in a tie for the first time.

 Easter Sunday 006 

Tristan bore her testimony on Christ at church. She did a wonderful job. She looked so cute in her hat.

Easter Sunday 003

 Easter Sunday 004

There is no picture of Iain because by the time he got dressed we were running out the door and I forgot.

Easter Sunday 008

After church the kids played for a bit before we colored Easter Eggs.

 Easter Sunday 011

It was so fun decorating the eggs.

Easter Sunday 013 Easter Sunday 014 Easter Sunday 015 Easter Sunday 016 Easter Sunday 017 Easter Sunday 018

Tristan is showing off the one she dipped in every color, I think we had about 10 colors.

Easter Sunday 019 Easter Sunday 020 Easter Sunday 023 Easter Sunday 025

Easter Sunday 027

My very best friend Jackie invited us over for tostadas and to hang out. Jackie is just such a sweet dear friend I just love hanging out with her and our kids get along just great.

Easter Sunday 030

Jackie had the coolest activity for the kids. Everything symbolic of the resurrection.

Croissant dough= the tomb Christ was buried in

Spread butter on it= the way they put oil on dead bodies in Christ’s time

Brown sugar=the spices they would put on dead bodies

Marshmallow=Christ’s body that was set in the tomb

Roll it up=The tomb with Christ’s body in it, you have to make sure you can’t see the marshmallow at all

You bake it

When the croissant is finished baking, the marshmallow melts away leaving the tomb empty like Christ did on the 3rd day.

Super cool…. leave it to Jackie to just come up with such amazing things.  She always has such great ideas!!!!

 Easter Sunday 029  Easter Sunday 031 Easter Sunday 034 Easter Sunday 036 Easter Sunday 037

Easter Sunday 039

 Easter Sunday 040

 Easter Sunday 041 

Easter Sunday 042

So after the butter and brown sugar was laid on Abe’s croissant he went to eat it.  I saw him and said “No, no Abers.” This was the picture I took of him right before he started crying. Jackie said I had undone everything I ever did to make him like me. It took Abe about 2 years to like me. Hopefully it wont take as long to get him back on my side once again.

Easter Sunday 038

This is what they looked like and the inside was actually empty. Pretty cool!!!

Easter Sunday 044

We had delicious tostadas.

Easter Sunday 046 Easter Sunday 047 

We came home to do our last Easter activity- our Easter egg hunt. Each of the kids had 4 eggs to find.

Easter Sunday 064 Easter Sunday 048 Easter Sunday 050 Easter Sunday 051 Easter Sunday 052 Easter Sunday 053 Easter Sunday 054 Easter Sunday 056 Easter Sunday 057 Easter Sunday 058 Easter Sunday 059 Easter Sunday 062

For being by myself, it actually turned out just great! 

1 comments:

jaredean said...

OH MY LOVE, I LOVE THAT YOU HAVE THIS BLOG AND POSTED THESE ACTIVITIES...i really really miss you guys and am so glad you had such a great time "alone"...i love that Nate and Jackie had you over! They are the best!!!

Paris' hair looks amazing when she takes a bath!

Tristan is CLASSIC in her pose!


ESHER in a TIE IS GREAT...and you did his hair!!!

I MISS YOU!!! there wasn't a single picture of my love (don't you dare give the camera to any of the kids - especially tristan!!!)