Every year this momma duck comes to our house to build her nest and lay her eggs. The first few years we lived here she would lay her eggs under our porch in the backyard. We had the area under the porch cemented, so she had to find a new place. Well, we had all this left over wood from building a new porch so she made her nest there. When Jared tried to clean it up she quickly let him know by quacking at him to stay away. We cleaned up that area after she left, so this year she had to find a new place. Now she is in the bushes in the front yard. Great spot! I only found her when I was cleaning up the dead leaves and she hissed at me.
One of the cutest things about all this is that her husband comes by the house every single day. I will see them doing this out front for an hour or so…. my guess is telling each other about their day. Sometimes they both come flying in from I don't’ know where, probably a date. He walks her to her nest and then takes off on his own. They are seriously the cutes love birds. It’s nice to see true love all around our home!!
We’ve only seen the baby chicks three times, but they are usually trapped somewhere in the backyard. This time I don’t know if we will see them at all…. hope we do because they are so super cute following their mom everywhere they go!!
1 comments:
oh, you'll get to see them...every day now!!!
Post a Comment