Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let’s Just Pretend

Today is the first official day without Daddy coming home to kiss us all goodnight.  Tristan and Esher came up with the best solution….

So they are both sitting on the couch in the living room and I’m in the kitchen and I hear this:

“I know I'm really going to miss him. I know me too.  I know what we can do, we can pretend daddy is at work.  He goes to work really early in the morning and comes home after we go to bed. Ya that is a great idea then we wont miss him so much. Ya because I really miss daddy. Remember lets just pretend, oh ya! Mom, mom we have a great idea…”

So they both ran into the kitchen like they have just discovered world peace and told me all about their master plan. I love my kids!! 

We all did different things all day to keep us all busy pretending.

 

Paris calls me downstairs and says “Mommy what is this?????” I started laughing and told her those are cassette tapes. Then she asked “What do you do with them???” I laugh again!

A day without Daddy 004 

A day without Daddy 001

I love the way she looks in this picture-so confused!

A day without Daddy 003

Esher and Tristan played in the sand box.  It was such a warm day we did a lot outside-it was wonderful!

A day without Daddy 008 A day without Daddy 010

I got a head start on my flower beds.

 A day without Daddy 013

When I was working here two big garden snakes came up right next to me, I screamed and I guided them out under our fence. When the kids figured out I had screamed over a snake they ran over to look at it except for Roni who promptly jumped up on a table.

A day without Daddy 011

I put up this board so they wouldn’t come back because one was poking his head back in and I HATE SNAKES-harmless or not!!I know it looks ghetto but its only temporary until I can get more dirt to fill it in.

A day without Daddy 012

So as I was doing the front yard I hear this hissing sound.  I looked and found…

A day without Daddy 005

The mother duck that always comes to lay her eggs under our steps.  Last year we cemented the whole thing so she chose a big pile of wood that we had outback as her maternity ward. But this year that pile is flat so she apparently chose this little nook in the front yard. The kids were so excited to have her back they kept showing everyone that came by to play.

  A day without Daddy 006

At the end of the day the kids found the Moon Sand in the garage.

A day without Daddy 019 A day without Daddy 015 A day without Daddy 018

This is what they created.

A day without Daddy 024

A day without Daddy 023

 A day without Daddy 016 A day without Daddy 020

Love the elephant they said they made it just for me.

A day without Daddy 021 

Paris’ footprint, that girl!!

 A day without Daddy 022

So, this was our first official day pretending daddy had to work late.

0 comments: