Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finishing Projects and Cleaning

My wonderful love is coming home tomorrow YEAH!!!! and I have to get this house in order.  I have finished most of  my projects finally and now it is time to clean .

I painted the doors and baseboards and rearranged the kids bedrooms.  They look so much better. They needed the Spring Cleaning. Paris found her black sweater in a pile of what I call trash and Paris calls papers of things she might want someday- she has Grandma Dodge’s genes for sure!! 

I love Paris and Tristan’s room, it’s just so happy!

Room 001

Here are my beautiful white clean baseboards. My lines are getting so much better. I know I  got some on the carpet, but I figure if I ruin it how can I not get new carpet. I know we don’t have the money for it, but I’m thinking if I hate my carpet long enough the Lord will take pity on me and bless me with the means for it. Bad logic, but that’s the best I have.

The rooms 003

One day we will finish Esher’s room with real furniture but until then, this is all we have and come August he is losing his bed.  Grandma Jo and Pops let us borrow it while they were on their mission.

 The rooms 004

I painted my room a shade darker, only I can tell, but I do like it better. My room also needed the Spring Cleaning so I didn't mind. And I painted the cabinets in my bathroom. It looks amazing but it was the biggest pain to do.  I thought it would take me 2 days max because I had to wait for the paint to dry….. no, it took 4 days. It was all because of the handles I put on it. I put them on wrong, had to make extra holes to fix my mistakes, broke off the head of a screw, bought the wrong size screws so I had to go back to two different stores to find the right ones, and made a template that I didn’t hold up right so now the handles don't line up very well, but everyone says they can’t tell. I think they are just trying to be nice. As soon as Tony can get out here to put in my new faucets it will be compete.

All in all, I have to admit it looks amazing!!

The Ducks & My Bathroom 004

The Ducks & My Bathroom 003

Victoria rode the bike around the neighborhood. She was so happy!!

Breakfast again 007 Breakfast again 005 Breakfast again 006

The kids either complained or fought about cleaning so they didn’t get to do anything today except CLEAN.

0 comments: