Friday, May 8, 2009

Surprise Weekend

My most wonderful love has been under a tremendous about of stress at work, so I really wanted to do something extra special for him. I told him he was not going to be available starting Friday at noon and all day Saturday (Jared rarely takes a Saturday off). I couldn’t believe how many things kept trying to ruin our weekend. The oddest things kept coming up that would never have come up if I didn’t have plans!

The way all of this started was when My dear friend Jackie said she wanted to either buy Jared a gift card for fixing her computer or take the kids for the day. I told her he really needed a day of fun so I took her up on the latter. I wanted to leave early so we could fit in as many movies and meals as we could so I had quite a few people help me pull it off.  My wonderful neighbor Janette took Esher from noon to 3:30, this was her anniversary weekend so she would have done it for longer if it wasn’t for that, but she was leaving for Park City that same day. Jackie stopped by to pick him up. Tristan and Paris took the bus home to Silver’s house where my other amazing friend Terri took the girls. It was Terri’s turn to do the date night so she had all the kids that night. Tragically Esher pulled off the heads of about 15 of her tulips which really sadden Terri and myself when I heard about it. Jackie then picked up all the kids and had them spend the night at her house so Jared and I could stay over night in Salt Lake. She kept the kids until about 7pm the next day. Thank you thank you to all of you for making this marvelous weekend possible!!!!!

I was a little late to pick him up but he still had no idea what we were doing. Okay he did think we were going to the Broadway Theatre so he did look up some movies to see, but he didn’t have any idea we were spending the night. He was so excited when I told him what we were doing!

Over Night inSLC 003

Over Night inSLC 006

This is the place I found on-line. It was so cute, it reminded us both of the Hotel Roberts in Provo where I use to work. It was once THE PLACE in all of Utah County, but was totally run down by the time I worked there. There was so much history,character, and personality in the place, but no one wanted to restore it even thought it was over 120 years old. This was really one of the very first times I wished we were millionaires so we could restore it! So they tore down my beautiful hotel for nothing. They didn’t even build anything in the spot where it stood.

The Peery Hotel is a little over 100 years old but has been restored and is super cute!!!

Over Night inSLC 017

This is the lobby you walk into.

Over Night inSLC 027

Over Night inSLC 028

This was our view. We loved it!!

Over Night inSLC 032

Over Night inSLC 012

And this was our cute room. The bed was sooooo comfy!!!!!

Over Night inSLC 010

We went to eat at the Macaroni Grill which is right below the hotel. We have both been craving this place but what we ordered was not as good as we remembered it. Well, except for the appetizer the chef made by mistake and gave to us anyway and the amazing Italian soda.

My husband is just such a cutie!!!!

 Over Night inSLC 013

My art work.

Over Night inSLC 016

We went to see Star Trek. Okay, I didn’t regularly watch this when it was on TV so most of the time My Love would giggle over something he later had to explain was on the show. But it was by far the most incredible movie I have seen all year. I just didn’t want it to end!!! I watched it with a giant smile most of the time!!! Seriously, everyone needs to watch this movie-it’s awesome!!!

Over Night inSLC 026

We went to the Happy Sumo for dinner.

Over Night inSLC 024

We had the most tender Salmon Nigiri ever! We sat at the counter which we have never done. It was a super fun experience watching them make all of our stuff.

Over Night inSLC 020

 Over Night inSLC 023

We went to a second movie, State of Play. It was okay, but I couldn’t stop thinking about how great Star Trek was. We got back to the room super late. Without going into details, I just love being married to this guy. He is just THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!!!

 Over Night inSLC 030

I woke up early since my body clock always needs a couple of days to realize I don’t have to get anyone ready for school before it lets me really sleep in. I think that is why Monday’s are so hard. I laid in bed just looking at My Love listening to him breath, sometimes snore-both are super cute!! I fell back to sleep a couple of hours later and woke to My Love reading the paper, showered, and ready to go. We left about noon to start the day with lunch and a movie. We went back to the Happy Sumo to have more Nigiri. We went over board and were super stuffed, but I had to get some chocolate covered strawberries to sneak into the movie. My love was making fun of me because I laid all 6 out on my legs so I wouldn’t make any noise getting them our during the movie.  I had them all up and down my legs. He was laughing! But I must say, people were not happy when he was digging into his noisy bag for his orange sticks!

We saw the Soloist which is a true movie. It was good.

Over Night in SLC 002

Then we went to Wolverine. We really liked it a lot but Star Trek ruined them all. It was by far the best one we saw all weekend.

Over Night in SLC 001

My love was in the mood for steak and we really don’t like Ruth Chris. Our bell boy told us about a place at the mall called…

Over Night in SLC 006

Okay, this was the perfect last meal for us before we go into super poor mode (pay cut)! We walked into this beautiful restaurant dressed like regular people going to a burger joint. They called us to our table by saying “Mr. Blanchard your table is ready” who calls you by your last name for a table??? As we walked through the place we realized how under dressed and young we were. Everyone there appeared to be way older than us and dressed for The Ball or something. We had this fresh baked bread and two very interesting dips to start our meal.

Over Night in SLC 003

The prices were a bit spendy so we shared a Rib-Eye Steak, mushrooms, and a baked potato.

The steak melted in our mouths,there were about 5 different types of mushrooms and the potato was loaded and huge.

INCREDIBLE!!!!

Over Night in SLC 004 

We saved our money so each of us could have our very own dessert. My love got the cheesecake and about died over the taste-he said it was the best cheesecake he has ever had!!! 

When we asked the waiter to take our picture he said “Oh let me get our personal restaurant photographer to take it!” We explained I just wanted a picture for my blog, so he reluctantly took it. I’m sure he was wondering what the heck we were doing there. We just wanted steak!

 Over Night in SLC 005

It was absolutely the best weekend!!!! I just love my life with My love!!! I’m so blessed to have him for all eternity!!!!

 

 

0 comments: