Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our Kids Love Art

For a few years our kids took art from a lady down the street. Her version of art was creating things our of recycled material. Anything in your environment can help you create a piece of art.   This has really been a great lesson to our children, because they can take anything and transform it into the most incredible things. They are not limited in their resources or creations. Our kids are constantly digging in the recycling bin for new ideas.

I was blogging about this in my computer room and I could here them out by the bin so I went outside and found this….

Recycle bin 001

It was perfect so I had to take a picture.

Recycle bin 003 

Recycle bin 002

Tristan decided to paint leaves today. I love their creativity!!!!

Tristan's Painted Leaves 002

Tristan's Painted Leaves 006 Tristan's Painted Leaves 009 Tristan's Painted Leaves 010 

She painted these beautiful leaves.

Tristan's Painted Leaves 003

They even make candy art

Candy Art 003

Candy Art 001  Candy Art 006 Candy Art 007

We have always wanted our children to at least have the opportunity to try anything they want in the areas of the arts or sports to see what hidden talents they may have. I have always felt a deep love for the piano but never had the opportunity to even take one lesson. What if I was meant to do something with that in my life but never had the chance. I never want my children to feel this. If there is something they want to try we always do our best to at least let them experience it. They all love art.

Many years ago we notices these beautiful paintings in our pediatrician’s office. We asked him about them and he told us about this lady named Victoria Valentine who taught each of his children how to paint but she only took students 8 and older. So we had to wait many years for Paris to start taking classes with her. She started this year.  I remember after her first class she came in the car and showed me the pictures they were asked to “free” draw.

koala bear

 panda bear

rose 

As she was looking at them and describing each of them she turned to me and said “Mom, I don’t understand.” I asked what it was that she didn’t understand and she responded with “I don’t understand what they are going to teach me, because my art is already so good!” 

It has been 9 months and this is the painting she came home with..

Paris Art 001

Jared and I personally think it is absolutely incredible!!! We can’t wait for Tristan and Esher to start.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

That is absolutely incredible. Where are you going to hang it?