Many many years ago I went to London and was able to see this play called Miss Saigon. It touched my heart deeply. It was up until recently my very favorite play in the whole wide world. So, when Jared and I got married I wanted him to see it as well, but we never got a chance to do it before kids, and by the time we had the money for it, it was gone. I was looking up plays for New York last year and I came across Miss Saigon. The U of U was performing it. I knew it would not be exactly the same but still, I wanted My love to experience it too. We had Julie come babysit the kids since we wouldn’t be home until late and it was a school night. Julie is just the best babysitter and the kids just love her so much!!! She brought Paris’ favorite game, Rush Hour. And they even rented Marley & Me to watch. She is just so great with them!!!
We drove up to Salt Lake and had just the best time talking. I love talking to my wonderful husband!!! The play or set was really not to the same caliber as the company that did it in London but Jared finally knew the whole story. All he knew before was that there was a helicopter involved. He said he really liked it and was so happy we had gone. I do admit I was a little disappointed, but it still made us talk about it on the way home. I do love things in life that make you think and feel things outside of what your normal life would!! I didn’t take the camera in so we have no pictures of anything or of us even being there. I do hope it comes back one day and we can see it again, maybe in London??!!??
Oh and my new most favorite play in the whole wide world is…. WICKED!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment