Thursday, March 19, 2009

The World Baseball Classic @ Petco Park

I went to California a few days earlier than Jared so I could come to this game with my sister.  I love Petco Park and getting the opportunity to see Japan and Korea play against each other was awesome!!!

Before the game my sister and I went to visit my Aunt Yasmin, my Grandma, and my cousin Yonapalu.  We didn’t have much time and we were actually 30 minutes late but it was all worth it to hang out with my family.  My grandma walked me around her back yard and showed me all of her plants, SHE LOVES PLANTS, I LOVED IT!!! I really miss them very much and I especially miss being around my grandma who in my eyes is probably the kindest, most loving person on Earth. I love being around my grandma, she is just such a great example of what we should all be striving to become!!!

Yonap drove us to the stadium so we wouldn’t have to bother with parking and of course the whole way there he was making us laugh. Yonap is just a very funny, extremely cleaver guy whom I love being around because my cheeks and stomach always get a workout from all the laughing I do. So it was really fun having that extra time with him!!

It was very cold and it looked like it might rain, but it never did.  We had amazing seats right behind home plate 3/4 of the way up the stadium.  We could see everything... it was awesome!!!!

 Korea VS Japan in San Diego 012 Korea VS Japan in San Diego 017

This is how different my sister and I are nothing tells it more than this picture…

Korea VS Japan in San Diego 022

I would never in a million years wear healed boots to a baseball game. Yonap kept making fun of the way she looked and kept asking her “Are you sure your going to a baseball game? How can you go to a game like that?”   He kept looking for my grandma’s shoes and my aunt’s shoes for her to change into she didn’t like any of them, so she embarrassed us all and wore her boots.

Korea VS Japan in San Diego 021 

No game is complete until you get some Nachos.  We had to walk down 2 levels to get the Nachos.  My sister was not happy about it.  Her feet were killing her, see another reason why heals don’t belong in baseball games because you never know how far you must go for Nachos :-)

Korea VS Japan in San Diego 032

This guy got hit right in the neck he was out for the rest of the game.  I felt so bad for him he was rolling on th eground for awhile!!

 Korea VS Japan in San Diego 018

Some of the fans

Korea VS Japan in San Diego 027  Korea VS Japan in San Diego 024 Korea VS Japan in San Diego 028

Korea VS Japan in San Diego 039

Japan hit a homerun we were hoping for more fireworks from Korea!

  Korea VS Japan in San Diego 033

We had such a wonderful time at the game, but I was sad Korea lost… hopefully they will do better in LA.

Korea VS Japan in San Diego 035

I love my sister so much and I’m so happy we were able to hang out together.

Korea VS Japan in San Diego 037

Thanks mom for taking care of the kids!

  

 

1 comments:

jaredean said...

Ok, this is the first time i've seen Yonap's name written down...I've always pronounced it like it was spelled "Janap" (i know the J has a Y sound), but didn't know it was an O and not an A...i'm so white!

jared