You know how you build something up in your head and it’s always just roses and sunshine as you picture the whole thing…..ya definitely wasn’t how I pictured it! Not many roses and pretty cloudy from where I was standing.
We have known for a month that we had tickets for the Draper Temple Open House on this Saturday and Jared and I were so excited that we had the opportunity to take the kids. Especially Paris since she can’t wait to do baptisms.
It all started like this. Paris brings out a cute dress to wear but it is a dress you would wear to school DEFINITELY NOT A TEMPLE. She was whining about it saying that's the ONLY one she wanted blah blah blah. Jared was about 20 minutes later than we thought he would, so I had to listen to her the whole time. Jared is so much better at dealing with things like this than I am. So I’m a little stressed but I know that Satan would love it if I started yelling at everyone so I try my hardest to separate myself from everything and just continue getting ready. I finally told her to show it to her dad. When he got home she started crying because Jared said NO. Not exactly how my temple visiting day was pictured in my mind. We are all finally ready getting in the car. I really wanted the kids to get in a more spiritual mood so I brought the Living Scripture Videos for the kids to watch on the way up. Paris loses it again because she wanted to pick her movie and she didn’t want to see this one…so more crying. Then the other two start arguing about who get to pick the movie on the way back and Paris gets in on it how she never gets to pick and it’s her turn, on and on. I’m just dying inside and Jared know it so he takes over and settles it all. They ended up watching the Alma story all the way up. I’m upset but very proud of myself for not yelling, at least I didn’t do what Satan knew would really ruin everything. We finally arrived and had to go to a different lot because our designated lot was already full. We sat and waited for about an hour before we could get on the bus. Luckily Jared had his I-Pod Phone (as Esher calls it) so that, entertained the kids. I was so tired since I really haven't slept very well without Jared all week and this morning I had to get up at 6:45am to get the oil changed in the car for our trip that's coming up to California. I kept falling asleep, but not resting…bad combo!
We finally get on the packed bus to go to the temple. The kids are doing much better and so am I.
Here is the Temple… it was just so beautiful!!!
We ran into some neighbors, The Blacks and The Thibaults.
They were kind enough to take a picture of us.
Then it started again Tristan was whining because Paris stepped on her, Esher kept getting cookies taking a bite and putting them back on the trays, so I was walking around with about 7 cookies looking like a greedy cookie monster and my feet started killing me and I was starving actually we all were. We left to catch the bus back to our car. The entire tour in the temple took us about 45 minutes because they has so many people there we had to keep stopping. Tristan saw one of her friends from school. We finally got to our car at 7:24pm. We arrived at 5:00pm.
DEFINETELY NOT WHAT I HAD PICTURED!!!
We found this cool place thanks to our navigation system where we had some yummy Chicago style pizza. I can make our car payment this month with a clean conscience.
They had these big windows where you could see the cooks. The kids loved it!!
Paris took the camera and started taking pictures of everything.
Does this look a little like Garrett? Well minus the earrings!
We all played patty cake while we waited for the pizza to come.
The pizza was really good!! Jared was watching the game on TV.
Well not the sunshine and roses I picture, but we all survived with no scares. The kids really loved it. Esher asked Jared as he was putting him to bed that he wished he could go to the temple again. Jared told him he could since the Daybreak one will have an open house this summer. He was soooooo excited!!!!
Paris says she will get married there since it was the first temple she has ever been through. Cute!!
1 comments:
Don't forget that Paris kept asking if she could baptise The Beatles when she turned 14 :-)
Post a Comment