So about 15 to 16 years ago I use to work at Coco’s in Encino, California while I was going to school. There I met my friend Deborah. When I met her I could feel as if her life was a bit dark. She was a really nice girl with the world around her working against her. My Love calls it “Crabs in a bucket”. When you get crabs in a bucket they all pull each other down to try to get ahead/out but quickly find others pulling them down as well, so no one every gets ahead and escapes the bucket. She was in this type of situation were everyone around her was angry or bitter and they wouldn’t let her true spirit HAVE a chance.
When I came along it was when I was about 22 years old during a time in everyone's youth where there are no boundaries or restrictions. Everything is possible!!!! All major world problems are but a simple solution away that all those old morons are too greedy or selfish to see. The world was beautiful and anything you wanted it to be. I told her of my adventures during my travels and my dreams of becoming a flight attendant. At first she was overwhelmed by the possibilities in a single person’s life. The longer we were friends she started to see a way out of her bucket. We even took a 10 day road trip from Denver to Canada. She realized all I had talked about was really true, because she had a chance to experience it first hand.
It turned out that no matter how many hours I worked I could not find a way to stay in school so I left about a year and a half after I met her. I moved back to Fallbrook. Many months later I called her and said I’m going to Asia I’ll be back in about 4 months. Those 4 months turned to 3 years, because I had met my ETERNAL SOUL MATE and I would now be traveling on a journey greater than I ever imagined!!!! I wrote her once from Korea many many years ago and that was the last I knew of my friend Deborah.
So the years have gone by and our lives have completely changed. My once youthful optimism was challenged by motherhood & homemaking and it’s many surprises that don’t make one feel they ever even knew the answers to world solutions let alone even know what they are at the moment. You find all many boundaries and restrictions you must now live, and you question if anyone even knows that at one point you were a nice person with dreams of changing the world for the better and traveling through it’s many amazing destinations, and not changing diapers and fighting to get a good night’s sleep for what seems an eternity. I must say that if I hadn’t of had the husband and best friend that I do I would have booked a one way ticket to anywhere, but here. He is the rock I leaned on for many years to help me see that we were not standing still but heading for a greater good beyond our imagination. With him and Heavenly Father beside me I am happy to say that I can see not the light at the end of the tunnel but I’m basking in the sun at the moment! MY LIFE IS AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL!!!! I love all of my children dearly and could not see myself without any one of them. I wake up excited to see them and listen to how they will see the world today. They don’t have to worry about world problems they just get to focus on it beauty and wonder. And I get front row seats to this everyday!!!
Facebook is how she found Jared, who told me about this Deborah girl that was looking for me. We talked a few times and the next thing I knew she was flying in. Deborah and I met on Wednesday for dinner. She has told me all about her life. She has traveled all over the world and is now a flight attendant. She escaped her bucket and everyday lives a happier life. We talked for hours at this Moroccan/Lebanese restaurant. We exchanged stories and memories from our past and present. We had such a wonderful time together. The next day I emailed her and thanked her for picking up a flight through Salt Lake City so we would have this chance to meet. She wrote back and thanked me for meeting her. She also said these wonderful words…. “I always considered myself lucky to be your friend and regretted losing touch with you. You were a profound influence on my life, from your always cheerful demeanor and optimism, to teaching me that travel is attainable, you just have to do it! My life got better the day I met you and continues to every day. So once again, thank YOU!!!” I, of course, have many regrets regarding my life as a mother and I hope my children don’t carry the memories of my mistakes with them forever, but learn to be better. Her words really touched my heart because if I can change her world for the better I can do a million times more with my own children since the opportunities will last a little longer than just a year and a half. I still have many things to work on, but I have discovered, I’m not the only one, and its not going to end anytime soon because this is part of the plan! I AM THAT YOUTH THAT CHANGED SOMEONES LIFE FOR THE BETTER. She is who I really am, not the maid, chauffer, or cook I poorly pretend to be. I chose to come down from heaven to be more than that…. it’s wonderful to have this little reminder of it!!!!!
SO MAYBE, I JUST MIGHT, BE LET INTO HEAVEN SOMEDAY FOR HELPING SOMEONE ESCAPE FROM THEIR BUCKET!!!!!!!!
1 comments:
I LOVE THIS POST!!! I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS I'VE READ FROM ANYONE, NOT JUST YOU! MAN, WE ARE BLESSED YOU ARE GROWING SO MUCH THESE LAST LITTLE BIT AND I KNOW GOING TO THE TEMPLE IS A HUGE PART OF THE KEY...I'M SORRY I FAILED YOU IN FEBRUARY AND WE NEED TO GO TWICE THIS MONTH TO MAKE UP FOR IT!
I LOVE YOU MORE!
JARED
Post a Comment