Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Journey Home

I woke up about 10 am because I had so many people to visit before we left.  I started with my grandma but she was at my Uncle Hector’s house, not her house but Fanny was there with her two girls so we got to visit with her for a bit. She gave us 2 wonderful bags of oranges… I miss Fallbrook oranges they are so juicy and sweet! Then we went to my Uncle Hector’s house which I must say looks amazing!! We found him and my Grandma there.  My uncle is on his Spring Break, he’s a teacher, so I got to visit with him. I love my Uncles!!! Then we took my grandma with us to Brianna's house.  She just had a baby a few weeks ago and we haven’t seen him. His name is Diego. Look at all that hair!!!

Breanna's Baby 013

Breanna's Baby 006

Tristan was all over him..she loves babies!!

Breanna's Baby 002 Breanna's Baby 005

My grandma was really taken by Tristan and her beautiful face, eyes and kind disposition. My grandma kept talking about how amazing she was.  I really like this picture of them!! My grandma was so sad to see us go she was in tears when we left…I  really love my grandma and I truly wish I could see her a lot more often than I do!!

Breanna's Baby 007

On the way we picked up 4 bags of avocados from my Uncle Luis. Tristan was in heaven!! When I arrived back at my mom’s I got some terrible news.  We left my sister’s DVD player at the hotel ($250) and we ruined her center console with an oil scent thing she had in the car that I predict will cost about $300 to replace. I know things like this happen but it sure does suck…. BAD!!!!!

The kids played while we loaded up the car and we finally left about 2:30pm.

Getting ready to Leave Cali 008 Getting ready to Leave Cali 012 Getting ready to Leave Cali 001

About 7:30 we arrived in Vegas and again we had to stop at our favorite place for Thai.  We called Uncle Wayne so he could meet us for dinner.  The kids loved visiting with him and again he bought the kids gum balls.  I think it is becoming a new tradition.  We finally left Vegas about 9pm and arrived  home about 4am. We were beat!

Thank you mom and my sister for making this weekend possible for us.  We had a wonderful time being together just the two of us, we always do!!!!  It wasn’t fun tallying up how much the weekend really cost us but the baseball games and being able to see some of my family members was priceless!!! 

0 comments: