Sunday, July 11, 2010

Timpanogos Caves

I finally got to take my family to the caves. It was a very difficult walk for everyone but especially for my sister. She was in a car accident many years ago and she has really bad knees. She almost didn’t make it, but in the end pushed herself to complete it!!!

Timpanogas Caves 001Timpanogas Caves 003Timpanogas Caves 009 Timpanogas Caves 008 Timpanogas Caves 007 Timpanogas Caves 005 Timpanogas Caves 015  Timpanogas Caves 011

This is a picture of the exhausted group on the way up.

 Timpanogas Caves 012

Marlee was loving every minute of it!

Timpanogas Caves 020

When Esher was resting a gust of wind came by and took his hat over the edge. There was no way we could get it. It was his lion Colorado Rockies hat-he was sad.

Timpanogas Caves 017

This was my sister making her up the trail slowly but steady. We were all so proud of her!!!

  Timpanogas Caves 025Timpanogas Caves 026

At the top we had 10 minutes to spare before our little private tour began-we were the last ones left.

 Timpanogas Caves 029 Timpanogas Caves 028

Justin was our guide and he was great with the kids!

Timpanogas Caves 031

It was finally time to go in.

Timpanogas Caves 034 Timpanogas Caves 032 The caves are just so beautiful! This is the third time the kids and I have been through. Timpanogas Caves 040 Timpanogas Caves 043Timpanogas Caves 049   Timpanogas Caves 051Timpanogas Caves 053Timpanogas Caves 054

This is the heart of the cave. It weights 4000 pounds.

Timpanogas Caves 064 Timpanogas Caves 060 Timpanogas Caves 074 Timpanogas Caves 066Timpanogas Caves 075We all made it through and I think everyone enjoyed it.

Timpanogas Caves 083

This was the group on the way doing looking much better than on the way up.

Timpanogas Caves 082Timpanogas Caves 080 Timpanogas Caves 077Timpanogas Caves 086Timpanogas Caves 088

 

This boy is so spoiled by everyone!Timpanogas Caves 089Timpanogas Caves 090Timpanogas Caves 095At the bottom they had a bird show going on. We watched it for a bit before we left. Timpanogas Caves 101 Timpanogas Caves 098 This was the hardest of the 3 times I have been there so I’m thinking this will be my last one. I like the number 3 so I think 3 is good!!!

0 comments: