Esher announced 5 days ago that he wanted to learn how to ride a two wheeler bike. He said “Mom I think I am ready to learn a two wheeler bike, can we go now?” My Love was at work and then we were starting our long date night together so I asked him to wait.
I made the mistake of not waiting years ago with Paris. Daddy was on his way home and she was on the street ready to go. She kept begging me to just help her this one time. I kept telling her to wait for daddy. And then I thought she wont get it right away, what harm will it do to let her just go down the street with me holding her bike right next to her. Seriuoulsy it’s not like she is going to learn it right away. It will probably take hours. Those were my thoughts. Is this how the Israelites talked Aaron into building a golden calf. sometimes, it’s a lot harder than we think to say “NO”. So we started off and before we got to the half way point down the street she was off on her own. Right about the time I heard the garage door opening. I felt horrible and we have no pictures of it at all or even video. All because I didn’t hold my ground and WAIT!
This time we HAD TO wait for daddy!!! This was the soonest he was home to do it. Paris had the camera and I had the video recorder and Daddy had Esher. It took this boy one and a half times up the street and he was off.
He is just amazing!!!
Tristan wanted to try it too. I know she is 2 years older than Esher but she has never asked. One thing I have learned about Tristan is that when it comes to things like this if she doesn’t 100% decide it herself she will not accomplish it. She can convince herself of things but it never ends well. She tried and tried but she was too scared every time My Love would let go of her bike causing herself to start to tilt and lose control.
My Love told her to practice more with her training wheels up higher instead of off. She was good with that. Sebastian was there every step of the way just making sure daddy didn’t need any help. I do love our dog!
Esher did get a couple scraps from practicing, but he was very tough about the whole thing. I am so in love with my kids every last one!!
1 comments:
You are right about Tristan not being 100%, then not doing it - just think ear's pierced!
I love these pictures - what a fun day...I honestly didn't think Esher would get it as fast as Paris had and he was so fast!!! How fun!!!
and SEBASTIAN!!! TOO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment