We started the day off slow..sleeping in and talking. Paris went out to swim with Myla because they were leaving today. It was weird letting her go off on her own but I realized this is what we are trying to work towards. all of our kids being able to run around with out us. I knew she would be fine around the pool she is just amazing out there diving and swimming. At noon Paris and I caught the bus into the other Pueblo Bonito to get her hair braided by Ofelia and so I could buy these cool bags Daphne and Jane bought. I wanted them as gifts for Jackie, Terri, Jeannette, and Jen, but I couldn't find anyone that had them. I was so very sad about it because they are seriously beautiful and..... I don't even like bags! Finally this guy came by and he had them but in a much smaller size. He only had 2 and I asked him if anyone else had more but he said no. I told him that is too bad because I wanted to buy 5. About 2 minutes later he came back and said he had 2 more at home if I could wait for him for 1 hour an he would bring them. We were suppose to meet Ariel and Judith at 2 and Troy had our car so I had to take the shuttle at 1:30 at the latest so I only had 45 minutes at the most to wait. He said he would be back in 30 minutes and take a taxi. I felt so bad I gave him 50 Pesos for the taxi just in case he didn't get back on time he at least wouldn't be out the taxi money. I realized I didn't have any change and I still had to buy a skirt for Mia. So I told Paris who was now eating watermelon and still getting her braids done that I would be right back. I ran out of the hotel down the street and luckily found everything really close. We had to leave in 10 minutes and that is when the guy showed up with the bags... he barely made it!! He was such a nice man!! I was really happy for him!
We took the bus back and as we were getting off everyone was walking out of the hotel. We arrived just in time! So off we went to Caliente. This is the small town that Rudy's dads stays in most of the time and they have a ranch there for all to visit. There is a restaurant that we saw there last time we went and Judith had mentioned to me that that was where we were going. Jared said" Are you sure we aren't suppose to meet the others at the ranch?" I said of course not I'm sure they would all know where we were going. It turns out that the entire rest of the family was a couple blocks away waiting for us to come. They had even rented a horse for the kids to ride. During dinner I turned to Judith and asked where everyone else was she said she didn't know, but that maybe some of the guys were at the ranch and if they were they were out in the field. She said the girls were probably all back in town.
This is the back story to all of this; last year we went to the Ranch and had dinner there. Well, Judith kept saying how mortified and disgusted she was by all the flies and dirt everywhere. I told her we didn't even notice. She said next time we should go somewhere nicer and mentioned the restaurant.
So we didn't think anymore of it and enjoyed our beautiful surroundings and amazing food!!
This was a super cool genealogy family tree going back to when Oscar's (the owner) ancestors came from Spain to the present day. It was just beautiful I loved the long deep roots under the shelf.
These ladies made all of the tortillas fresh.
And they let each kid make their own
First demonstration
Paris in her perfect braids made hers!
Tristan really got into it!!
Esher was just happy to be part of it!
They all ate the ones they made. It was really the nicest place and we plan on going back next time for sure!!!!!
Tristan was feeling sick so she laid on a bench behind us.
Daddy holding the sick girl
Our group picture
And our family picture
Each kid got to sit on a donkey
Troy and Daph stayed behind to look around the town. We had to race back so Paris could make a ceramic for her teacher but unfortunately we didn't make it. So this is where the story continues.... Ariel said do you want to go by the Ranch and Troy said yes. He found everyone there waiting for us. We all couldn't believe that Ariel didn't tell his own brother that he knew was waiting for us at least to meet us all at the restaurant or eat with out us. It was awful!! Jared had called it and this is exactly what he was afraid was happening but who would have guessed the two brothers that work together don't talk!!
As soon as we arrived at the hotel Paris and Jared ran to the ceramics and he was just closing up. Paris was so sad Jared went and bought her a purse for her teacher. So the rest of the night the kids swam with daddy (mommy was way too cold and I had to go pack).
They swam and swam until it was dark
Then we sadly had to say good-bye to our little paradise until next time.
OOOOHHH MEXICO!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment