Monday, January 19, 2009

Our First Day in Mazatlan

We finally arrived at 5:30 in the morning and again the  kids had to get up, grab their luggage, and wait for us to get or rental car.  The place we rented it from wasn’t open so we asked another place if they would rent us a car for the same price.  They did.  It took about 30 minutes to do everything- We took all of our luggage out barley jammed every single piece in it, got ready to drive away and noticed it was a manual. So I walked in asked for a different car. 

We went over to their lot to get the next car.  Oh my, was it ever a pile of junk, but we drove it away anyway just about 3 miles and I just had to turn around.  It was making the weirdest noises, so we talked to them at the airport and they said we had to go to their main office to return it for  a new one because they didn't have anything there.  We felt so bad because the kids had just been so amazing and were fast asleep.  So we decided to check into the hotel first, but they said our room wouldn’t be ready until noon and it was about 8:30.  We decided to go back into town to exchange the car, change money, and buy groceries. The kids were still asleep and we had to wake them up to change cars again.  They were so good about everything.  Jared and I were so exhausted it was hard to think straight.  The new car was way better.

We finished all of our errands and went back to our room. The room was perfect with a KING size bed that we have never had before. We were so tired but the kids were ready to go.  I begged my wonderful husband to take them to the pool while I took a shower and a short nap.  I was secretly hoping someone would take pity on us and offer to take the kids.

Here he is explaining our whole morning-even when he's exhausted he looks handsome!!!!

First day at the pool (3)

First day at the pool (7)

Jared came back about 1 hour later thinking I would swap with him and take care of the kids, but sleep had set in and I was more exhausted than before.  So I begged again for him to take care of the kids and maybe ask someone to take them.  Troy and Daph came to our rescue and offered to take the kids to the beach.  So My Love came back alone with no responsibilities. Yeah-he showered and we both had the pleasure of a long nap together.

 

While we were napping this is what they did....

                                                THE POOL

First day at the pool (2)

First day at the pool (8)

First day at the pool

                                   PAINTING CERAMICS

First day at the pool (4)

                                                 THE BEACH

First day on the beach (11)

First day on the beach (5)       

 First day on the beach (4)

First day on the beach (2)

First day on the beach (8)

First day on the beach (9)

                           Found a Dead Fish

First day on the beach (6)  

As soon as they came back Esher crashed

After the pool (5)

Ashlynn came over to spend the night so she and Tristan played cards.  I taught them how to play WAR.

After the pool (7)

Then Tristan fell asleep, she made this bed herself, Esher woke up and room service arrived

After the pool

Mazatlan first night dinner (3)

Mazatlan first night dinner 

Our food was amazing.  They have improved a lot from when we came last year.

 Mazatlan first night dinner (5)

                           That was our first day in Paradise!

0 comments: