Monday, June 22, 2009

NEW YORK

                 I LOVE NEW YORK!!

First Day In New York 016

First Day In New York 017

The first building we ran into on our way to Korea town was the Empire State Building. Esher was not impressed with the size of the building but definitely had to use the revolving doors at the bottom of it.  Anytime we saw one he had to use it.First Day In New York 013

First Day In New York 014

First Day In New York 011 

First Day In New York 012

He was so happy!

First Day In New York 015 

We were all hungry after our bus ride so we walked to Korea town for some real food. This place was so good. It was the first time Maria had ever had Korean food. They had these cute lunch boxes.

 First Day In New York 002 First Day In New York 003 First Day In New York 004 First Day In New York 008

I just love that our kids are so into all kinds of ethnic foods!!!!

Can’t wait to take them all over the world!!

First Day In New York 001

Paris really wanted to ride a rickshaw so for $20 bucks each (we needed two) they took us to our hotel. It was the coolest seeing the city this way! I just love NY!!!

First Day In New York 027  

First Day In New York 026

First Day In New York 036

Esher kept talking to daddy the whole way he was so excited!!

First Day In New York 032

 First Day In New York 023

When Jared got in he accidently hit Tristan with the bag. She cried for a little bit but this girl is so amazing she gets over things quick.

First Day In New York 024 

At our hotel the kids did what you always have to do when you first arrive….jump on the beds! It is so cute!!!!

First Day In New York 037 First Day In New York 039 First Day In New York 043 First Day In New York 046 First Day In New York 047

 First Day In New York 054

This is the view outside our window.

First Day In New York 056

This hotel is really cute. It use to be apartments for the church that still owns it so it has door bells outside each room. It is really old, but the rooms are huge. I do love old buildings so, I loved it.

Day 2 in New York 001

They don’t have a 13th floor.

Day 2 in New York 003 

The Hotel 012 The Hotel 013

All the kids slept here and we slept on the sofa bed in the other room. It was a bit uncomfortable,but at least we had our own room-yeah!!! We both had flat screen TV’s in our rooms.

 

The Hotel 011

The Hotel 014

 

The top knobs are for the shower and the bottom ones are for the tub-never seen this before, so cool!!.

The Hotel 001

Super cool 70’s tile.

The Hotel 002  

It was almost 5 by the time we actually went out on the town.

This is what we did…

Found this bench of kids reading-it was actually in a few places around NY.

First Day In New York 067

Walked through the city to get to Time Square.

First Day In New York 072  

Found a very expensive ice cream truck along the way.

First Day In New York 068

Yes , that is me with a purse. I absolutely hate purses but I was carrying 3 cameras, my wallet, a map, and a bunch of other stuff I would normally just leave in my car so instead of bringing the car I brought a purse/bag that I got for free once a couple years ago for buying a pair of pants or something.

First Day In New York 071

The M&M Store. They really do have every color you can imagine. Too bad they are $13 a pound-ouch!! The kids had their Travel Fairy money so each of them got $10 worth.

First Day In New York 075

 First Day In New York 077

First Day In New York 092

First Day In New York 090

First Day In New York 095

Then we went to Time Square where everyone was just sitting around on lounge chairs and some bleachers they put up. My Love said they weren’t there 4 months ago. So we thought they were getting ready to do something cool so Paris asked around. No they are just there for people to hang out, eat  and talk. I love that she isn’t shy to ask questions-I could never have done that at her age-I think I was around 20 when I got better at it, but I still don’t like it! Yes at least she will be way better than me at one thing hopefully, by the time she is 18 it is a million things!!!

 First Day In New York 098

 

 First Day In New York 101 

Can’t wait for our girls to see WICKED!!

First Day In New York 102

First Day In New York 103

This is where the ball drops every year.

 First Day In New York 105

 First Day In New York 111

 First Day In New York 108 First Day In New York 110

First Day In New York 112

The kids and Jared grabbed some cheesecake. We grabbed some NY Pie and headed back to the room.

First Day In New York 114

The cheesecake from what they all said was the best they had ever had and our pie was just amazing!!! Yes, NY has the best food in the states, you can find anything here and it’s GOOD!!

First Day In New York 113

That was the end of our first day. We are so excited for the next two. I just love travelling!!!

0 comments: