Friday, June 12, 2009

Field Trip!!!!!

                       WE LOVE FIELD TRIPS!!!

Today we are off to Colorado where we will begin our 2 week family vacation. We left at 4:30am and arrived at Price & Mae’s at about 2pm. It was absolutely perfect like always and we were so excited that we could still see out our back window even though we borrowed my friend Jackie’s stroller. All of our clothes fit in two bags. Jackie had told me she puts complete outfits in Ziploc bags and I thought that was a brilliant idea, but I waited just a little too long to be able to be that organized. I have to try it because it would make my life so simple!!! So, I used some travel space saving bags to shove all of our cloths in and I think it really eliminated at least one bag, if not more. Jared says he could do it in the same amount of space with no bags just his wits, so he is going to try it when we get home. I do admit he is pretty amazing when it comes to packing bags and the car. 

                         Paris slept the longest.

Drive to Colorado 005

Esher and Tristan kept arguing about staying within each others space. Tristan was the seat line Nazi most of the morning. She’s just like her daddy grumpy if they have to wake up early.

Drive to Colorado 002

Maria, our future daughter, slept with the blanket over her face because

1. She is a teenager, so she is embarrassed about many things.

2. She didn’t want us to see her sleeping with her mouth hanging open.

3. She didn’t want us to take a picture of her with her mouth hanging open and use it against her in the future.

She is covering her face here because of reason number 1 and no make-up. I remember those days as if it was yesterday!

Drive to Colorado 003 

We are so excited to have Maria with us on this trip and hopefully there will be many others that involve us introducing her to the AMAZING places Heavenly Father created just for us! She has never been to Colorado so we get to start there-yeah!!

                                 So Beautiful!!!

Drive to Colorado 010

As always, we all hold our breath going through tunnels and this is the longest one we go through. It goes forever!

Drive to Colorado 013 Drive to Colorado 014 Drive to Colorado 024

We all have different ways of trying to make it to the end.

Love Paris’s “making faces” method.

Drive to Colorado 017 Drive to Colorado 023

Maria’s “cover-all” method.

Drive to Colorado 018

Esher has many different methods that all seem to work very well because he is always the only one that can make it all the way to the end -no matter how long the tunnel is,That boy’s amazing!!!

Drive to Colorado 019 Drive to Colorado 021 

Tristan I think, was still too grumpy at this point to actually participate in this silly game of ours, so we have no pictures of her grumpy face or she might have been sleeping. All I know is she didn’t do it.

We stopped at Burger King for breakfast and Esher used his camera to take these pictures. Love to see his perspective on things.

Going to Colorado 006 

This kind of looks like My Love is trying to prove the actual date by holding up a newspaper-funny!!

Going to Colorado 010

He had to have his chocolate milk.

Going to Colorado 017 

All the kids were knighted.

Going to Colorado 020 Going to Colorado 023

Going to Colorado 025

And so was daddy. See how grumpy he looks early in the morning. And if its early and he’s hungry WATCH OUT!!! For some reason he’s never grumpy with me-I tell you I’m a lucky girl!!! Okay here’s the behind the scene story…. When we first got married Wayne was worried for me, because Wayne would be the one to wake him up for early morning classes in Korea before I came along. The way he did it was to shake him and run out the door before Jared throw something at him. Then he would open the door slightly to remind him to get up using the door as a shield for any objects flying at his head. So I decided I would take a much gentler approach to the whole thing. I always wake him up with many kisses on his neck and cheeks followed by wiggling my way under his arms so he can’t grab anything to throw. It works every time! If Wayne had just used love instead of violence (shaking could be violent) he would’ve had a much better outcome. Let that be a lesson to you all! 

Going to Colorado 024 

Esher testing out his camera.

Going to Colorado 003

We were all grateful that we arrived safely!!!

1 comments:

jaredean said...

HA! If wayne had tried your method i'd throw more than just my shoes at him!!!

So, i'm reading this and get to the picture of me and realize i'm reading it with my chin in my palm exactly like the picture - it was like i was looking into a mirror!!!

LOVE YOUR BLOG!