Tonight we sat in the front row off of right field just past first base, but we forgot our camera so this is the only picture we have. This is the picture of My Love’s finger tips trying desperately to get the ball that is barely out of reach. The ball bounced off the palm of his hand just far enough to be out of reach. I was holding his legs down so he wouldn’t fall over the wall. The security guy Eric came up to the ball grabbed it and handed it to a cute Japanese boy sitting right behind us.
At these seats you don’t get any free food of any kind but I had the best burger ever. Jared had a bratwurst that was super tasty and he also bought two very cool hats. He always gets one new hat every year. This year he couldn’t decide between two of them so he got them both. The Rockies won again!!
When I was growing up my dad always watched baseball -it didn’t matter who was playing. I would always sit next to him and watch the games. I loved asking him questions about the plays and the players-he always game me an answer and never made me feel like an annoying kid, bugging him. Sometimes it would take a few minutes, if something amazing just happened, but he always gave me an answer. I loved how it didn’t matter how dumb my question was he would always answer it, so I would think of anything I could to ask just so my dad would talk to me longer. My favorite was when he would tell me background stories about the players. I truly LOVED spending this time with my dad!!
When Jared and I first met and he was coming home from Korea to continue going to school my one and only request was for him to please record the World Series for me. I knew I was going to miss the whole thing, so of course he did. Now when we watch games I do the same thing and ask him questions throughout the game and he always gives me an answer. Yes, there have been times when I call my dad to make sure he is right but he really does an amazing job!!
I LOVE BASEBALL!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment