After all the gifts were unwrapped Grandma Jo and Papa came over with their gifts for the kids.
They each got $25 which they will use towards their itouch cases, hand puppets, candy and a very cute Christmas Box.
They stayed to visit for awhile at the risk of catching what the kids have. It’s hard when you love the kids that are sick to stay away. They showed Grandma and Papa all that they got.
Then it was our turn to give them their gift. I have been so excited to give it to them for weeks.
It is President Hinckley’s Proclamation To The World with pictures of Gary & Jo Ann’s Family from their wedding day to present day. Jo Ann taught this on her mission so, it is very special to her. Knowing this, the minute I saw it, I knew we had to get it and that they would love it!! It helps so much being Jo Ann’s friend to have little insights like these for the perfect gift!
When his parents left I was walking back from the front door as I looked down to see one last gift under the tree. I had forgotten My Love’s Gift.
My most adorable husband loves loves gifts, but the things he would like to have are usually more than $200 each . Something we just can’t always afford to do. He has worked his tail off these last three months so we could pay cash for Christmas, so I had a little extra to buy one of those $200 gifts-but just one. He loves to unwrap presents so I put his gift in three different size boxes, wrapped each one and put them inside each other. He said he had no idea that I had bought him an Amazon Kindle. He loves to read books and now he can have thousands of them in one little Kindle.
This was the last time he saw it until late tonight. The girls kept asking him to show them stuff on their touches and Esher wanted someone to play the Wii with him. He was so sad to have to wait!
He is such a wonderful dad to give up something he wants to do to play with his kids. He loves his kids so much I know it isn’t a hard decision to make!
0 comments:
Post a Comment