Friday, November 12, 2010

Pajama Day & Dusty’s Birthday

Today our sweet angel has a pajama party. She was so excited to bring her little penguin that matches her pj’s and her tiny pillow to school.

T's Fashions PJ Day 005

Today Jane planned a surprise RV trip to Vegas for Dusty’s 40th birthday. We could not afford the trip to Vegas (It would have been over $1000 because of where they were staying and what they were doing), but they were making one stop in Cedar for dinner. We came up with a plan to take the RV to Cedar and have someone drive us back home. We would pay them $10-12 an hour, tax free. We told Troy and Daph about our plan so they wanted in on it too.  Troy got Andres to be the drive. It would still cost us about $100 in all. I couldn’t believe it when our very expensive date night was actually working out perfectly until…. The Lloyd’s called, that’s when the problems would start. Friday was going to be their night to babysit and I was going to have Terri take our kids to their house for the date night. Paris and Esher were going to ride the bus to Terri’s house and Jessica was going to drop Tristan off at Terri’s after school.  They called to say that they were all sick and couldn’t do it. I quickly fixed it by telling Terri that I would pay $5 an hour for a sitter and she would only have to pay $2. She found a sitter and it was going to be okay. One of the talents I think I have is to solve problems. I feel like I can make almost anything work when unexpected things happen or find solutions with projects. I dropped off Esher at school and told him for the 100th time that he was going on the bus with Silver and Paris. Jane wanted to leave by 1pm. At 1:06pm Paris called from school saying that she had throne up all over her clothes and she needed us to pick her up. Paris NEVER gets sick!  I tried calling Terri but she didn’t answer. We called her about 15 times. They wouldn’t let her on the bus with vomit all over.  My mind went completely blank. I couldn’t think of anyone to help. I just couldn’t think. When I talked to her again on the phone she started to cry so I knew I couldn’t just leave her to anyone. Sarah suggested her sitter come help, but she doesn’t know Paris or her school or Terri or our home. It just didn’t feel right. Finally, since it was now 1:20 and everyone was ready to go we sadly decided to stay. We couldn’t make anything work at all. We took a group picture, grabbed our goodie bags and left to get Paris.

birthdaytwobirthdayoneDusty's Fabulous 002

All the way to the school I kept thinking “Why can’t I think.  I feel like my brain is trapped in a bubble of emptiness. I just can’t think. And,  why the hell is Terri not answering her phone?” We arrived to pick up our sick little princess. As she and Jared walked out the doors her little eyes filled up with tears. We went to Terri’s house to get Esher. When I arrived I told her the whole story and she was kind of relieved I had come back because she really didn’t want Teave to get sick. The reason why she didn't answer the phone was because her phone randomly shuts off and this was one of those random times. About an hour later all the solutions came racing into my brain. I have an amazing network of helpers available throughout the day. I have Janette next door who could have brought Paris home to stay here for a few hours. She is only 2 houses away, so she could have checked on her periodically throughout the night. I have Jackie who could have picked her up and taken her to Daph’s house so Grand Barbie could have watched her-she has no problem with sick kids. I could have called Rachel, Terri’s neighbor to tell her what was going on and have her answer her phone so we could figure things out together. Terri would have gotten her from school and quarantined her in the bedroom. I could have had Tonya get her and take her to her house until we got home that night. I could of had Jessica go get her and take her to Terri’s.  NOT ONE CAME TO MIND! All those solutions and not one popped in my head until the RV was too far away. That’s when every one of them came flooding in.

When things like this happen I believe it is because the Lord is protecting us from something that would be far worse. Something that could potentially changes our lives forever in a direction that is not meant for us. I know everyone got there safe, and Troy and Daph drove back without an incident. But what if it was just us the Lord was protecting. What if we would have gotten in a terrible accident on the way home from Dusty & Jane’s because we would be at the right intersection at the perfect time for it if….  we had gone to Cedar.  All I have to say is that I am grateful for such a wonderful Heavenly Father who would be kind enough to take time out of his very busy schedule to protect US from some terrible outcome. His Love for us is just beyond words!!!

We watched Karate Kid in our theater and had a very peaceful evening at home. Paris didn’t throw-up again. She did fall asleep half way through the movie and woke up in the morning wondering why we had turned it off. When she walked down stairs she was shocked to see that is was actually 10 am. She slept so hard all night.

0 comments: