Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Love Canning

These are the pears that have been sitting on my table for weeks-like about 5 weeks or so. I want my table back and they are getting soft so it is time to can them!

Canning 002

My wonderful neighbor and friend Jannette had everything for us to can all these pears. I have never done something so domestically Mormon in my life. I loved it! I’m just sad about all the years (8) that our wonderful tree has produced these delicious pears and no one has eaten them. They would just rot on the ground-HOW SAD!!

003Canning 005

 

This was my very first batch.Canning 006

Tristan was my cute little helper that helped A TON!I knew of all the kids she would be the one to stick to it until the end. I couldn’t wait ‘til she got home from school!

005

In between preschool and tending to the kids Janette was awesome!!! She is such a wonderful friend!

006

We ended up with 70 jars of pears from our one little tree. I was very impressed. Next year I am growing tomatoes so I can do both tomatoes and pears!

0 comments: