Saturday, December 12, 2009

International Night

Nate and Jackie had a delicious dinner planned for their International Students and we were luck enough to get an invitation. The kids all had so much fun running around playing games and just being together.

 Dinner with Internationals 006 Dinner with Internationals 008

The turkey was made by Nate and it was absolutely exquisite!! The secret is cooking it with champagne. I am still craving it!!!

Dinner with Internationals 009

Jared discovered that Esher is amazing at the drums. 1, 2, 3, 4….

Dinner with Internationals 015

Dinner with Internationals 010 Dinner with Internationals 011  Dinner with Internationals 017 Dinner with Internationals 019

We played games after dinner. We got to show the international students how much we, by “we” I mean Americans, suck at drawing. They drew the most amazing 3D pictures and we didn’t!

Dinner with Internationals 021 Dinner with Internationals 023 Dinner with Internationals 025 Dinner with Internationals 029 Dinner with Internationals 031

Dinner with Internationals 032 Dinner with Internationals 038

Then the students played some amazing native songs. It just made me want to travel even more!!

The world is a beautiful place!!!!

Dinner with Internationals 033 

Then they all played ping pong.

Side Note: The guy in the blue shirt is Sebastian’s original owner. It was so fun meeting the guy who bought him, the one in black, and the guy who they bought it for. Both guys are just so super cool!!!

Dinner with Internationals 043 Dinner with Internationals 050 Dinner with Internationals 051

So as I am watch the match there is this Chinese girl, Kate, next to me who says “Oh I guess they are even because each side has one bad player” I asked who was the bad player on the opposite side of Jared and she says the one in the blue. Then I asked what about this side. Kate says “ Your husband of course. You can’t tell, then you must not be very good either!” I laughed so hard!! I had to run and tell Jackie. I had forgotten how frank the Asian culture can be.

Dinner with Internationals 054

My Love showed us later that he didn’t want to smoke them all so he had brought his game down a notch. They didn’t believe him so he played them to 5 and smoked them by scoring 5 points in a row. But of course, Kate was not watching then.

 Dinner with Internationals 056

He played the girls later…amazingly the girls won.

 

It was such an awesome night. The international students were all so sweet, it was seriously such a great privilege to meet them all!!!

 

Jackie and Nate THANK YOU so much for inviting us, we loved it!!!!

0 comments: