We had Sunday dinner at our house today with all the Blanchards. Paris came up with the idea of giving Grandma Jo a gift for always being so nice and having sleepovers with them. She bought her some shells and drew some pictures. Tonight they are picking up all the kids for a sleepover before school starts. On Monday, they will take them all to the zoo. The kids were so excited and so were we!
There was a terrible wind storm going on during dinner when we heard a big loud thunderous sound. Madi said “The tree broke!” We all looked and sure enough our neighbor's tree was laying across his fence and ours. It had snapped in half. I was so sad because that tree provides us with our morning shade in the summer. Earlier this Spring he had to cut down another tree that had died right next to this one. Our shade is now down to a sliver. I begged him to keep the half that had survived. I just loved how all of his grown-up kids, our neighbors Alex and Brother Kuhni all came to help cut it and haul it away. It was all cleared away in less than an hour. We just have the best neighborhood!
Our extremely clever adorable nosy Paris was front row for all the action.
My Love took Monday off so we could play all day without the kids. We stayed up late, slept in, and went to see “The Other Guys”. It was dumb but very funny. I just love loving my husband or else free days like these would be hell instead of bliss.
1 comments:
Pops and I are happy that being without the kids is bliss instead of hell - You make us laugh, Lissette!
Post a Comment