Sunday, August 29, 2010

Father’s Day In August?

About a week before Father’s Day I decided to buy my wonderful husband, who also doubles as an amazing dad, an Ubaldo Jimenez No Hitter bat. They told me it would take between 6-8 weeks. I only had 5 days before Father’s Day. So, I decided to completely ignore it. He got homemade cards and pictures from the kids but that was about it. Mae made an amazing dinner and he did get a long nap. We were at Price and Mae’s. I thought they were just being conservative with the time frame but nope they were very serious. It actually took a little long than 8 weeks.

Two weeks after I ordered the bat I saw a charge from Chicago on our bank card. I didn’t know what it was so I asked My Love. As soon as the question came out of my mouth it hit me what it was. My husband being the awesome geek that he is had already looked up the company before I said “Oh, never mind.” So he knew I had bought him this bat. I found out later,  that  he thought I had cancelled the order because we were low on cash for our trip to Cedar City. One day he even came home complaining about no Father’s Day gift and how thoughtful he was for already having bought my birthday gift.

We all woke up before daddy-not hard to do on Sunday, and made him breakfast, wrapped his gifts, and  walked into his room singing.

Late Father's Day 012Late Father's Day 014Late Father's Day 024 Late Father's Day 023 Late Father's Day 021

He was so surprised. We had sent Tristan upstairs to make sure he didn’t accidently catch us getting everything ready. Tristan is famous for sneaking into bed and sleeping an extra hour or 2 with daddy, so we knew he wouldn’t think anything of it.

Late Father's Day 026Late Father's Day 027Late Father's Day 029Late Father's Day 032 Late Father's Day 037   

We got him some of his favorite treats because today at 1 pm the Rockies were playing and Jimenez was pitching for his 18th win of the season- A Rockies Record.

Late Father's Day 041Late Father's Day 062 Late Father's Day 060 Late Father's Day 050 

We got him a baseball cap holder for all of his Rockies hats. He always complains that he can’t find the right one, now he can see them all at once.

Late Father's Day 048 Late Father's Day 044 Late Father's Day 068Late Father's Day 071Late Father's Day 070

THE BAT

It is #678 kind of cool.

Ubaldo Jimenez  Bat 003 Ubaldo Jimenez  Bat 002 Ubaldo Jimenez  Bat 001

Paris made the cutest things.

This picture says “You are the  World’s BEST dad hands down” With hands pointing down-so cute!!

Late Father's Day 065

A stress ball made with all purpose flour. Daddy has been under a huge amount of stress these last few weeks at work and we have hardly seen him.

Late Father's Day 056

The front of her box said “Dad you do sooooooo much for me so I did this for you, Paris”

Late Father's Day 053

We decide to take the day off from church. We went bike riding, played outside and watched the ball game. Rockies lost, but other than that it was a wonderful relaxing day with my wonderful love!

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY MY LOVE!!!!

0 comments: