Saturday, August 7, 2010

Christina’s Baby Shower

Christiana up the street is having a baby so Miurvy (my companion) came up with a  brilliant idea to through Christina a baby shower at my house. I don’t ever host parties like these I just don’t feel comfortable doing it, but parties for our friends are always easy and a total blast, so those I don’t mind at all-I love them. Well, Miurvy at the last minute pulled out, I’m talking the day before the party. She had forgotten about a family reunion. It made me more nervous to be all on my own but then when she said she couldn’t even do her portion of the food I was a little upset… okay really upset. So like a crazy girl I made 40 crepes and cut all the fruit all by myself. I think this will be the last one of Miurvy’s ideas that I will go along with.

Christina's Babyshower 012

Luckily, a few of the ward members showed up helping me feel more at ease. Janette was there being the amazing friend and neighbor that she is, so I tried focusing on her to comfort me during this little venture I was forced into.

Christina's Babyshower 009

In the middle of the shower this guy came by to open up the fire hydrant and knock over and break our mail box- lovely.

Christina's Babyshower 008 Christina's Babyshower 002

The kids loved it!

Christina's Babyshower 004 

So, in the end everyone did have a good time telling stories about embarrassing baby moments. Janette had way too many, but only shared a few. I think I have to corner her one day so she will tell me more. She did tell me some of them involve my kids….maybe I don’t want to hear them.

Christina's Babyshower 015

Christina ended up with some very cute things. My kids gave her some gifts as well that they hand-made themselves-so cute!!

0 comments: