Today is Maria’s 15th birthday party which is the Mexican version of a Sweet 16. Paris and I helped set up the venue. The place looked amazing. Paris was a huge help-thank you princess!!
This is probably one of a very few number of pictures I like of myself so I put it in here. Paris took this of me as we were up the center pieces. I just wish someone was with me in it. Soon after this picture I changed my clothes to something a little nicer.
It was a beautiful party!
This lady was the entertainer and sang beautifully.Tristan wanted to know if we could buy her a dress like hers.
Maria was escorted in by her chaperones.
Traditionally the dad exchanges her flat shoes for some healed shoes to introduce her as a young woman leaving the little girl behind.
Then she danced with her dad and some of her family members.
Alex our neighbor sat at our table.
After the absolutely delicious meal that was served everyone started dancing.
Tristan found a couple friends to dance with.
Every now and then they would all go outside to jump in the castle.
Tristan our fashion girl. She took the centerpiece place mat and made it into a headpiece and scarf. It was a bit windy that night.
We saw some fireworks in the back yard.
Then it was time for the cake.
Maria’s Aunt Janette, Uncle Israel, and Mom Veronica
Everyone made a conga line.
Paris was so sad when we left at 11pm, she wanted to stay until 1am when it was all over. Both girls can’t wait to have their Sweet 16 party.
I had to take a picture of Tristan with her headset on under her hat-that girl is so funny!!! Fashion first! How can you honestly not use an accessory, even when you need to put on headphones.
It was such a fun party. My Love and I did dance but we were surrounded by Mexicans that all know how to move every part of their body perfectly to the music. I was not born with that gift by any means so I just make everyone feel bad for my very talented dancing husband. Jared use to go dancing every weekend for years. I try and try but I honestly feel like a robot out on the dance floor.
Maria was so happy and never stopped dancing the whole night. It was just awesome!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment