Monday, June 27, 2011

Family Reunion: The Hot Springs

Our first family reunion was over. It was really pretty miserable except for when we would leave the actual ranch, those times we loved. Hopefully, the next reunion will be perfected and we will get a decent place to stay with a few more amenities-you know like clean running water, electricity for our entire stay without any outages and possibly no mice!Bair Ranch 001Bair Ranch 004Bair Ranch 005

We went to the Hot Spring that we have driven past every single trip to Colorado. We have always wanted to stop,but we have never had enough time or money. We planned for it this time so we were so excited to go.

We absolutely loved it!!

I only have a few pictures because my camera battery died. Everyone did the slides-even me with my wonderful love. The springs were warm and very clean. We loved it all and we can’t wait to go back!!!

Glenwood Springs 005Glenwood Springs 006Glenwood Springs 002Glenwood Springs 003

The dogs were not allowed in the park so I took Sebastian and Malcolm to a local dog kennel. It is illegal to tie up your dogs anywhere in Glenwood Springs- funny. It was only $15 for the whole day-yeah! There were 4 other Goldens when my love walking in to pick Sebastian up-he was in heaven!!

The Curse of the Cabin Continues:

On our way out of town Price stopped to get gas. My Love being extremely thoughtful parked behind him so he wouldn’t have to take a pump spot from someone else. The minute he parked behind him I didn’t feel comfortable about it at all. But, I talked myself out of saying anything because I was being selfish. I walked Sebastian over to play in the grass when I noticed a lady backing up straight into our car. I knew she was going to hit us because she wasn’t turning her wheels at all. I let out a huge scream when she ran into our bumper. It was so loud Mae and the kids all jumped out of the car and Price heard me from inside the store. I was so mad at myself for not having my love move the car when I had clearly felt bad about parking there. Why do I not listen to the Sprit’s promptings immediately????

I was so pissed!!! She had no insurance information and claimed to be on her way to get her insurance card. Okay, it was 6:30 at night on a Saturday…really, that’s what she came up with. While talking to her she said she had been driving for 4 hours, she was tired and her dog was in the way when she was trying to back up. She also said that the address on her license was not valid because she was moving soon. I wrote it down anyway.  I did truly feel sorry for her. She looked way older than me. You could tell from her face, clothes and car she had and continued to have a hard life…she ended up being 4 years younger than me- wow, I couldn’t believe it. She did keep apologizing which I truly appreciated. I wasn’t as pissed as I had been at first. I did feel sorry for her and I was a little more compassionate towards the end. I can’t say I was anywhere near Christ like compassionate, but I was better than at first.

Two months later this was all settled by our insurance company. The damage doesn’t look too bad and the $632 we got for it unfortunately wasn’t able to go towards the damage. Story to come later but the money ended up saving our butts at the end of August. It really ended up becoming a huge blessing in disguise! The Lord definitely works in very mysterious ways!!!!!

When Malcolm got home, one side of his body because paralyzed. It lasted for about 4 days.The vet could never figure out why.  My love said that  the cures of the cabin continued. We were excited for it to hopefully end with this one, and it did!!

That night our sweet princess Paris got really sick on our way home. She slept in the car while we ate. Tristan had felt sick at the Springs, but her nap there really helped her. On the way home we ate at  Bo Beau’s pizza place. They had the best stuffed mushrooms!

BeauJo's Pizza in Idaho Springs 005

0 comments: