My Love and I were in the barn when I heard a lot of quacking. When I looked out the window I saw this momma duck taking her babies to the pond, but only 3 were able to jump onto the sidewalk. I grabbed the closest large envelope and ran outside to help them up. 3 cars stopped to see what we were doing. Melissa, an owner to a golden retriever that just had 9 puppies, pointed out that the envelope I had grabbed was one from Aflac with a big duck on it-it was very funny!
After my good deed Paris yelled to us that one of the ducklings had fallen into the storm drain. Melissa and I pulled off the very very heavy cover. The poor little duck was so scared it kept going into the pipe. Tristan our little animal lover reached in with no fear, I was picturing a giant alligator coming out and swallowing her up-that why I didn’t reach in! She caught the little guy and ran to the momma duck to deliver her 15th duckling.
What a fulfilling day it was-we had all done our part in saving a beautiful duck family, yeah!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment