We had a deal that when Tristan turned 8 we would get a house. pet. Well she is still 6 and we now have a dog by the name of Sebastian. This is how it happened…. we went over to my wonderful friend’s house, Jackie, for dinner and she had this dog they all called Buddy. It had been given to her by one of her international students that could not have him in his dorm room. She really didn’t want the dog and asked us if we wanted him. From the look in Jared’s eyes I knew we were now going to be dog owners. I can say “no” to my kids a million times a day, but when my wonderful husband is asking me if we can keep him how can I say no…I’m not his mom. He loves dogs and has always wanted one, but with the load of the kids when they were small how can you honestly throw in a dog when I was struggling so much as it was. We are just a year and a few months short of when I wanted to wait to get a dog. So here we are-dog owners.
Sebastian is super cute and actually really really good with the kids. He is a pure breed Golden Retriever with papers and worth between $500 and $1200 so I have heard. We have a lot of training to do with him. We are trying to train him like Boo was trained on a toy piano. We have the piano by the back door and hopefully he will learn to play it every time he has to go potty. No real progress yet! He is a puppy so he loves to nip at you. We are all learning how to deal with this until he grows out of it.
One night My Love came home late and Sebastian ran out of our bedroom to greet him. The look on My Love’s face reminded me of why we have the dog and why I am willing to sacrifice my time and sanity in order for us to have this dog. I just have to learn to be patient, understanding, and loving. Seriously, it’s like having another child. I guess I didn’t learn these personality traits very well from the first three so here I am working on it all over again.
They are all elated about our new puppy. Oh and he is named after the band Bell & Sebastian. Jared’s friend John came up with it. As soon as Jared told the kids they loved it!
HE IS VERY CUTE!!!!
2 comments:
He is SO cute!! We need to come see him! Miss you!
This is your notice - the day Tristan turns 8 you can't complain about him ANY MORE!!! :-)
Post a Comment