The best two days ever!
Jo Ann called up about two months ago and asked me if I wanted to help out with a humanitarian project during Women’s Conference. I helped out last year with Jackie and I loved it so of course I said yes. I asked Jackie if she wanted to do it again this year, but it turned out that her schedule was too busy to help, but Terri and Daph were both able to come. It was just amazing!!! We made 17,000 Hygiene Kits our table alone made about 2000.
This group of girls started coming 12 years ago. Connie was the one who talked Marian, Nicki and Jo Ann into making this a yearly activity for the four of them. Connie died last October from complications during a surgery. What I love is that the girls still got together this year in her memory. I was privileged to be with them on their last Women’s Conference. I had a front row seat to all their giggling, talking, and stories. Oh, how I loved listening to their stories. They all met between the ages of 15-18 and have been best friends ever since. This year they added Susan, Marian’s foster sister to the group. When Susan met Marian she invited her to stay with her family. Her family was LDS ,so that is where she learned all about the church and became a member. Marian had an extremely hard childhood and Susan’s family was the first real family she ever had at age 15.
This was our table’s team leaders.
This was the whole gang.
All of us at work
Last year we had lunch at this restaurant and we loved it so we had to go back again this year. Hopefully this will become our new tradition.
I learned so much and was so spiritually uplifted. I can’t wait for next year.
My wonderful husband took the kids for two days. He did all the carpooling, meals and bedtimes.
I am just the luckiest wife ever…I just love my husband so so so much!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment