This year I wasn’t really planning on going to Women’s Conference and I kind of accidently did.
My best friend Jackie invited me to a humanitarian project the women in her neighborhood were doing. Jackie is a member of a different church that she loves, but is ALWAYS willing to help out in any service project that she can regardless of the religion. So, she asked me if I would like to help. I have never been that involved in humanitarian projects like Jackie is…sure I help make a hygiene kit or “I Spy” game here and there but nothing like Jackie does. She also had me help out with The Food and Care Coalition a couple months ago-I loved it.
So we show up at the local church building and they start giving us instructions on when to show up at BYU and all the training we will be doing today. Jackie turns to me and says “ I think we signed up for a lot more than I thought.” And then they mentioned Women’s Conference and how we would have hundreds of women coming in to do our project-YES, we had signed up for a lot more than we had thought. We both laughed at how my non-LDS friend got me involved in all this.
Well, it was so much fun and I loved spending that extra time with Jackie!!! She is just so wonderful with everyone and just jumps right in to help with anything and everything….I need to be more like Jackie, SHE’S AMAZING and I just love her!!!
I got to go to conference with all of Jo Ann’s wonderful childhood friends. What fascinating women they all are!! And don’t let Connie’s slow pace and vehicle handicap sticker fool you…She drives like a 16 year old with only 5 minutes to go around the world and back.
We had a wonderful lunch all together on the second day.
We just sat and talked ……I just loved listening to all their incredible stories!!!
The most important thing I learned was that my priorities must always be in order to be as powerful a mom and a Woman of Christ as I am entitled to be!
Priority #1-The Essentials
-Scripture Study
-Temple & Church Attendance
-Taking The Sacrament
-Personal Prayers
-Service
-Fasting and Pondering… Who I am? What is my responsibility in The House Of Israel? How can I fulfill these responsibilities?
Priority #2-The Necessary
-Being A Homemaker
-Having My Home In Order, & As Often As Possible, Clean
-Having Dinners Together to Create a Gathering Place For Teaching and Learning
-Love and Kindness Towards My Wonderful Husband (Too Easy!!!)
-Self Reliance= Being Debt Free (Too Hard!!!)
-To Smile Often
Priority #3-Nice To do Things
-Lunches With Friends
-Crafts
-TV
-Etc. The things on this list won’t save you or help you when you need our Father In Heaven, Revelation, Guidance or Comfort. When the other two priorities are fulfilled then we can indulge in #3, but NEVER should this be at the top of our priority list!!! When it is, we lose power as a mom and Woman of Christ! We create our own chaos and lose our way!
We are only limited by our Faithfulness!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment