Two kids were playing along the river when we went by today and a few minutes after we sat down I looked behind my sister and saw smoke. I realized that the cave of branches the kids play in every now and then was on fire.I yelled for the kids to get away from it and the flames traveled so so quickly up the trees. I called 911 as quickly as possible. One of the kids goes to my high school and lives in the dirtiest and most run down house in our neighborhood. It turned out that he and his friend started it.
My sister took TJ and Zoe back home because they were totally freaked out. When Esher and I returned Janette told me that Zoe had had a bad feeling about going and talked herself out of it. I’m so glad nothing really serious happened. Only a few trees burned before the fire department arrived. I’m so glad my sister was there with us!
0 comments:
Post a Comment