Saturday, December 17, 2011

Worst Ward Christmas Party

So once again I am in charge of activities but this time it is through the Relief Society. We were in charge of the Christmas Party. Well while I was in Mexico they planned the whole thing and did nothing that I suggested. It is the biggest party of the year and they made it an appetizers and dessert-yep that is it for the biggest party of the year. I could not convince them of anything else when I returned so it was basically the worst party of the year. I told they all I highly disagreed with the “no dinner” idea and still they wouldn’t budge. At that point I walked away from all decision making so my name was NOT on this party. About 10 families showed up. Hardly anyone new was there and tons of food was left over. Nothing was spectacular-it just sucked!!! I think the thing that bothered me the most was that they all had a “let’s just get this over with” idea instead of what My Love and I always wanted out of the party was that it was the best party the ward had seen to date.

Our incredibly talented Paris signed up to bring a dessert so this is what she made. A cup cake cake with milk and a plate of cookies for Santa with the words “I been Good” on it. She said that is how a little kid would say it so that is why she wrote it like that. Then this other cake that looked like a wrapped present-that was my favorite!!

She is so so stinkin’ creative!!!

Ward Christmas Party Desserts 011Ward Christmas Party Desserts 006To top it all off no one from the primary presidency showed up so my love didn't have the keys to the bells the kids were going to use. Then he realized the pianist hadn’t shown up either so the kids had to sing with no piano because even though there where people there that could play the piano no one had the song book for the notes of the songs.

It was by far the worst party ever!

0 comments: