Tonight I am making a Prime Rib dinner. I have never made it before and Jo Ann really made me nervous when she said she has never dared to make it. Well, there is this website I love right now that Jackie introduced me to call The Pioneer Woman. She is not interested in making quick, low calorie crappy meals. Her main focus is delicious food that isn’t so over the top you can’t even pronounce the ingredients. She loves butter and heavy cream-yum yum! She is not overly thin and obsessed with her body shape , but she isn’t overweight either she is just NORMAL. I have made about 20 of her recipes and we have loved about 17 of them-those are great odds. They do take between an hour to an hour and a half to prepare sometimes but are always worth the effort in the end! I would rather spend my time and money for something delicious rather than something that’s just okay.
She made this Prime Rib for her family Christmas Dinner about 2 weeks ago and made it look extremely simple so I thought it would be perfect. It was actually not bad at all,and it tasted delicious! I’m so glad Jo Ann was there to help because I still haven't mastered the art of focusing on more than one course. It would never have come together without her help. It was fun working with Jo Ann in the kitchen because we just listening to Christmas music, talking and laughed while we cooked.
Jared and I felt so bad after dinner because one of our neighbors who isn’t a member of our church was having dinner with just him and his wife and no family. All of their kids live somewhere else. When we found out about it my first thought was “There is no way we will have enough food for two more adults” I had bought the smallest Prime Rib I could find since they are very vey expensive. I did feel like we should invite them anyway, but I didn't listen to The Spirit. My logical mine was getting in the way. My love had thought the same thing but didn't act on it either. In the end we did have enough food for two more people. It would have meant so much to them and us to be together, but we didn't listen to the Spirit. -I hope we never do that again!!!!
We did have something green to put on our plates, it was green beans but for some reason they didn't make it into the picture.
it was such a delicious dinner I can’t wait to make it again but better!
And that was our Christmas for 2011 !
0 comments:
Post a Comment