We spent Christmas Eve at my sister’s house. My mom made tamales, chapurado, we played the Wii, and just hung out and talked. It was really fun, but the kids didn’t like opening up presents at midnight. It was kind of chaotic and everyone just went for it so no one got to see each others gifts.
We gave the kids a choice this year money or gifts. Tristan was the only one who wanted the money. We gave her what was left over after he horse stuff. She said she didn’t like the not having gifts to open and the surprise of not now what they were so she doesn’t want to do this again. I was proud of her for being different and not worrying about it.
But with her closet money…the bet we had about her closet being clean all year, she bought herself a Kindle and played with it all night before she fell asleep. She loves it!!!
At Midnight….Esher’s Big gift was an IPad Mini
Paris got a Cotton Candy machine and a Snowy machine.
Poor Tristan didn’t make it to midnight so she was the one that hated it the most.
Next year we are going back to waiting until Christmas morning. I was exhausted!
I felt kind of bad because my cousin Anna came all the way from Tijuana to see my family, but she arrived right at midnight when my kids were opening presents so I felt like I kind of ignored her. The next day she came by and we talked a little bit but I felt like we have very little in common with her so I kind of ran out of things to share with her. She absolutely loves to talk so all I did was listen but again I felt bad because I felt like I was not participating. It’s a good thing my mom has her on a pedestal and she has a captive audience with my mom.
0 comments:
Post a Comment