My friend Jackie is just an amazing person that I love and admire continuously!! I found out that once a week she goes to the Food & Coalition to help feed the homeless breakfast. She got involved in one of their fun raisers call Bowls For Humanitarian. Artists in the community donate these bowls that you buy and the Coalition fills them with soup. That afternoon I helped make the Beef Stew. The bowls range from $5 to $20. We all got a $5 bowl.
We were so excited when we walked in and the place was just packed!
Interesting story…As we were walking in the lady in this picture right next to me asked me for money for food and bus fare. I told her we were going to this fundraiser and if she wanted to join our family we would buy her a bowl of soup. She had recently gotten divorced and her husband took everything, so she was now homeless. She seemed like a very nice lady and we were all so happy to actually help someone that the fundraiser was for. They only took cash so luckily Tristan had brought her money and we were all able to eat and give her some extra money for bus fare.
I need to be more like my friend Jackie, she’s amazing!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment